PIONEERS AND EXPLORERS
15-28 July 2018 (2 weeks)
Are you brave, curious, determined and up for an adventure? See how you could join the ranks of Ernest Shackleton, Christopher Columbus and Neil Armstrong in discovering new lands, planning expeditions, making maps and documenting your discoveries. What makes these people so significant to our world history and how did they share their knowledge with the world?
This summer our Pioneers and Explorers course looks at how these journeys into the unknown have changed the world. Learning about strategy, planning and teamwork, students develop their reasoning and analysis skills while delving into history, geography and English.
- Spoken English – presentation, discussion, pitching, debate, rhetorical skills
- Writing skills – structuring, analysis, comprehension, persuasive writing
- Study skills – researching and planning
- Understanding of world history and geography
- Leadership, teamwork and creativity