15-28 July 2018 (2 weeks)
To be a great scientist, perhaps you need to be a little bit mad! Who are the people who’ve changed the world with their ideas and how did they do it? Do you have a crazy invention that might just work? Welcome to our genius workshop where you’ll learn the history of great inventions of the world and then have a go at making your own! Plan, strategise and execute your idea and see if you can join the likes of Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison or Tim Berners-Lee.
Combining the study of science and English, our Mad Inventors programme develops skills in planning, experimenting and reasoning whilst testing our students’ creativity and sense of fun!
- Spoken English - discussion, debate, presentation
- Writing skills - structuring, creativity, vocabulary
- Study skills - researching, planning, creative thinking
- Strategy - reasoning, lateral thinking
- Scientific skills - observation, measurement, description, analysis
- Leadership and teamwork
We will be getting hands on with spectacular experiments and fantastic tricks in the science lab. Get ready for some icky-sticky-slimey potions and some big bangs!